Skillskonnect is a Career Focused Social Network to build a successful career in more than 30 skills based fast growing industries.
Discover, Learn, Grow, Give Back
Training Centers & Growing
Students & Alumni Access
Simply means getting trained on your choice of skills, to become job ready or start your own business.
What kind of Skills can be acquired?
There are 37 defined skills by Ministry of Skill Development in India. You can acquire skills in any of them and become financially independent. For list of skills you may go to end of this page.
What are the minimum qualifications to undergo Skill development training?
It’s alright if you could not complete your formal schooling. You could undergo skill training if:
1. You have completed studies up to 8th or 10th or 12th Standard
2. All under graduates or graduates can also apply
After completing your skill development training, you will be awarded with a certificate that will be your ticket to a new promising life!
What are the qualities required to become a skilled professional besides skill training?
Apart from technical training, you must also acquire certain qualities to succeed as a Skilled Professional. They are :
1. Good communication skills – To influence people
2. Punctuality / On Time Performance – To complete your work on time
3. Sincerity – To perform honestly and with integrity
4. Consistency – To keep learning and improve your skills and work hard
How is Skill training different from school &/or college education?
Skills development trains individuals with procedural and practical skills that help him/her to meet a performance standard on a given task.
On the other hand, a school or college education formally educates individuals and enables them to understand knowledge into theory. Formal education is widely criticized because it does not help in developing practical skills.
Why should I choose Skill industry and not become a Doctor, Engineer or CA?
We at Skillskonnect are not recommending you, to join Skills industry over other professions. We are here to make you aware of the opportunities within Skill industry for you to make a career. If you do not or could not succeed to join other professions, you can always join any of the skill industry.
Besides, Skill industry is one of the fastest growing sectors in India. It comprises of 37 skill industries and hundreds of jobs roles which you could acquire through a training and get job ready quickly.
Government of India is promoting Skill India mission to make India, the Skill Capital of the World. This means highly Skilled Professionals will also get opportunities across the world after acquiring skills and experience in India.
Skillskonnect is a social platform where unskilled individuals, semi-skilled skilled professionals can connect with each other and use it to further their career in skill industry. They can follow training companies, employers other organisation, to learn about the opportunities available to them in skill industry.
What are the Titles one can get upon registration completion of profile?
Skillskonnect is a smart and intelligent platform. It processes the data you have entered while registering yourself as a user and awards you a title. These Titles are :
1. Fresher – New to skill industry
2. Experienced – Spent some time on skill industry after getting trained
3. Professional – Been in skill industry for long and doing well
4. Leader – Has been influencing lives of many as a leader for many years
5. Guru – After decades of work and acquiring pinnacle of knowledge, you are helping other with your wisdom
How can you progress to the next Title?
Skillskonnect has an ingrained algorithm to calculate scores for user and awards a title. It keep a check on those scores as they improve and awards a new title to the user once he or she reached the pre-defined score applicable for next title. The scores that an individuals gets is a function of many things. It cannot be understood easily as it is machine drive but the areas which drives the score are :
1. Education Vocation education levels – your technical knowledge about your skill industry is the most important criteria for awarding your title
2. Work Experience in skill industry – the more you work, the more you move closer to next title
3. Activity and performance on Skillskonnect platform – you can improve your chances to move to next title If you are actively using the platform and helping others with their career in skill industry, so build your network and share what’s happening in your career